By Juan Luis Navarro Mesa, Alfonso Ortega, António Teixeira, Eduardo Hernández Pérez, Pedro Quintana Morales, Antonio Ravelo García, Iván Guerra Moreno, Doroteo T. Toledano (eds.)
This e-book constitutes the refereed complaints of the IberSPEECH 2014 convention, held in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain, in November 19-21, 2014. The 29 papers provided have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from 60 submissions. The papers are geared up in topical sections on speech construction, research, coding and synthesis; speaker and language characterization; automated speech reputation; speech of language applied sciences in numerous software fields.
Read or Download Advances in Speech and Language Technologies for Iberian Languages: Second International Conference, IberSPEECH 2014, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain, November 19-21, 2014. Proceedings PDF
Similar international_1 books
The 7th ERCOFTAC Workshop on "Direct and Large-Eddy Simulation" (DLES-7) used to be held on the college of Treste from September 8-10, 2008. Following the culture of earlier workshops within the DLES-series this version displays the state-of-the-art of numerical simulation of conventional and turbulent flows and supplied an energetic discussion board for dialogue of contemporary advancements in simulation suggestions and realizing of move physics.
This booklet provides chosen learn papers of the AIMTDR 2014 convention on program of laser expertise for varied production techniques corresponding to slicing, forming, welding, sintering, cladding and micro-machining. cutting-edge of those applied sciences by way of numerical modeling, experimental reports and business case experiences are awarded.
Because the first implementation by way of Electricité de France at the Goulours dam (France) in 2006, the Piano Key Weir has turn into a an increasing number of utilized method to bring up the release means of latest spillways. In parallel, numerous new huge dam initiatives were equipped with one of these flood keep watch over constitution, often together with gates.
- Advanced Machine Learning Technologies and Applications: Second International Conference, AMLTA 2014, Cairo, Egypt, November 28-30, 2014. Proceedings
- The Economic Problems Of Housing: Proceedings of a Conference held by the International Economic Association
- Proceedings of the Twenty-First International Machine Tool Design and Research Conference
- Combinatorial Image Analysis: 17th International Workshop, IWCIA 2015, Kolkata, India, November 24-27, 2015. Proceedings
Additional info for Advances in Speech and Language Technologies for Iberian Languages: Second International Conference, IberSPEECH 2014, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain, November 19-21, 2014. Proceedings
7. Top row: left, vocal tract contours obtained during the production of [sal]; right, diagrams depicting diﬀerences found, over time, for all realisations of /al5/. Bottom row: diﬀerences computed along the production of /il/ and /ul/ using the ﬁrst frame of each as reference. 4 Conclusions Considering the three goals set for our work, these have been successfully attained. The segmentation method provided very good results with only some minor issues, resulting from the noisy nature of the images.
The results regarding syllable position eﬀects and coarticulation of /l/ with adjacent vowels are in line with previous ﬁndings. Keywords: laterals, quantitative analysis, RT-MRI. 1 Introduction Lateral consonants are articulatorily complex and variable sounds. In several languages, the /l/ is associated with two canonical allophones (light /l/ in syllable onset, and dark /l/ in coda position). The most important articulatory distinction between them is a greater tongue dorsum retraction in the dark /l/ than in the light variety [9,20].
These three information streams are parameterized through log-f0, MCEP coefficients and maximum voiced frequency (MVF), respectively. Fundamental frequency estimation is based on autocorrelation maximization with dynamic programming smoothing followed by a refinement based on quasi-harmonic analysis. MVF is estimated according to the sinusoidal likeness of the spectral peaks near the harmonic positions. Since these two analysis modules do not play a relevant role in this study, we omit further details about them (interested readers should refer to ) and focus on spectral envelope analysis.