By Shijie Liu
Bioprocess Engineering: Kinetics, Sustainability, and Reactor layout, moment Edition, presents a entire source on bioprocess kinetics, bioprocess platforms, sustainability, and response engineering. writer Dr. Shijie Liu studies the appropriate basics of chemical kinetics, batch and non-stop reactors, biochemistry, microbiology, molecular biology, response engineering, and bioprocess structures engineering, additionally introducing key ideas that allow bioprocess engineers to have interaction in research, optimization, and layout with constant regulate over organic and chemical adjustments.
The quantitative therapy of bioprocesses is the valuable topic during this e-book, with extra complex innovations and functions being lined intensive. This up-to-date variation displays advances which are remodeling the sphere, starting from genetic sequencing, to new options for generating proteins from recombinant DNA, and from eco-friendly chemistry, to method balance and sustainability.
The ebook introduces recommendations with vast functions, together with the conversion of renewable biomass, the creation of chemical compounds, fabrics, prescription drugs, biologics, and commodities, scientific functions, comparable to tissue engineering and gene treatment, and fixing severe environmental problems.
- Includes the mechanistic description of biotransformations and chemical variations
- Provides quantitative descriptions of bioprocesses
- Contains huge illustrative drawings, which make the knowledge of the topic easy
- Includes bioprocess kinetics and reactor research
- Contains examples of a number of the procedure parameters, their value, and their particular sensible use
- Incorporates sustainability suggestions into a few of the bioprocesses
Read or Download Bioprocess Engineering. Kinetics, Sustainability, and Reactor Design PDF
Similar biomedical engineering books
"Theoretical Molecular Biophysics" is a sophisticated research e-book for college students, presently sooner than or after finishing undergraduate stories, in physics, chemistry or biology. It presents the instruments for an knowing of user-friendly techniques in biology, comparable to photosynthesis on a molecular point. A easy wisdom in mechanics, electrostatics, quantum conception and statistical physics is fascinating.
The advance of latest molecular biology with its transforming into tendency towards in-depth learn of the mechanisms of organic techniques, constitution, functionality, and id of biopolymers calls for software of actual physicochemical tools. Electrophoresis occupies a key place between such tools.
Reading Biomedical technology: scan, facts, and trust discusses what can get it wrong in organic technological know-how, supplying an independent view and cohesive figuring out of clinical tools, data, info interpretation, and medical ethics which are illustrated with functional examples and real-life functions.
- Allosteric Regulatory Enzymes
- Scintillation dosimetry
- Dendrimers: Towards Catalytic, Material and Biomedical Uses
- Microscale Technologies for Cell Engineering
- Microarray Technology and Its Applications
- Bio-Inspired and Nanoscale Integrated Computing (Nature-Inspired Computing Series)
Additional info for Bioprocess Engineering. Kinetics, Sustainability, and Reactor Design
The Enchanted Ring. The Untold Story of Penicillin. MIT Press, Cambridge, MA. E. , 2008. A New Phase in Pharmaceutical Regulation. DRI Drug and Medical Device and Product Liability Committee. O’Melveny & Myers LLP, Los Angeles, California, United States. , 1992. An FDA perspective of manufacturing changes for products in human use. Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 665, 356–363. , 1994. Validation of fermentation processes. Biopharm. 7, 28–36. , 1993. Problems in scale-up of biotechnology production processes.
When grown in a submerged culture, molds often form cell aggregates and pellets. The typical size of a mold pellet varies between 50 μm and 1 mm, depending on the type of mold and growth conditions. Pellet formation can cause some nutrient transfer (mainly oxygen) problems inside the pellet. However, pellet formation reduces broth viscosity, which can improve bulk oxygen transfer. On the basis of their mode of sexual reproduction, fungi are grouped in four classes. (1) The phycomycetes are alga like fungi; however, they do not possess chlorophyll and cannot photosynthesize.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. Why are renewable materials preferred? What is green chemistry? What is sustainability? What is a biorefinery? Why is ethanol an important platform chemical? An uninformed researcher is questioning the sustainability of biomass cultivation and utilization, arguing that fertilizer and fuels for heavy machinery must be produced with fossil energy and thus not renewable. Research into the basis of the arguments and dismiss the notion of unsustainable biomass use. What is GMP and how does it relate to the regulatory process for pharmaceuticals?