By Ren-Ke Li, Richard D. Weisel
Cardiac Regeneration and service, quantity One stories the pathology of cardiac damage and the newest advances in mobilephone therapy.
Chapters partially one discover the pathogenesis of congestive middle failure, the mechanisms accountable for adversarial cardiac matrix home improvement, and capability interventions to revive ventricular functionality. half highlights new ways to telephone remedy for cardiac regeneration, and contains chapters masking alternative ways of phone supply, tracking phone engraftment, and the feasibility of utilizing allogeneic stem cells to revive cardiac functionality. Chapters partially 3 flow directly to spotlight novel stem cells for cardiac fix, together with human embryonic stem cells and human pluripotent stem cells, and aspect their present prestige and destiny capability for cardiac treatment. eventually, half 4 explores gene remedy, and contains ultrasound-targeted or direct gene supply in addition to cell-based gene treatment for cardiac regeneration.
Cardiac Regeneration and service, quantity One is complemented through a moment quantity masking biomaterials and tissue engineering. jointly, the 2 volumes of Cardiac Regeneration and Repair offer a complete source for clinicians, scientists, or academicians desirous about cardiac regeneration, together with these attracted to cellphone treatment, tissue engineering, or biomaterials.
- Explores the pathogenesis of congestive middle failure, the mechanisms answerable for antagonistic cardiac matrix home improvement, and capability interventions to revive ventricular function
- Highlights new ways to phone remedy for cardiac regeneration and contains chapters overlaying alternative ways of cellphone supply, tracking telephone engraftment, and the feasibility of utilizing allogeneic stem cells to revive cardiac function
- Explores gene remedy and comprises ultrasound-targeted or direct gene supply in addition to cell-based gene treatment for cardiac regeneration
Read or Download Cardiac regeneration and repair: Pathology and therapies PDF
Similar biomedical engineering books
"Theoretical Molecular Biophysics" is a complicated learn e-book for college kids, almost immediately ahead of or after finishing undergraduate experiences, in physics, chemistry or biology. It offers the instruments for an figuring out of trouble-free methods in biology, corresponding to photosynthesis on a molecular point. A uncomplicated wisdom in mechanics, electrostatics, quantum idea and statistical physics is fascinating.
The advance of latest molecular biology with its growing to be tendency towards in-depth examine of the mechanisms of organic approaches, constitution, functionality, and identity of biopolymers calls for program of actual physicochemical tools. Electrophoresis occupies a key place between such tools.
Analyzing Biomedical technological know-how: scan, proof, and trust discusses what can get it wrong in organic technological know-how, delivering an impartial view and cohesive figuring out of medical equipment, information, facts interpretation, and clinical ethics which are illustrated with sensible examples and real-life functions.
- Soft matter physics : an introduction
- Advances in Biomedical and Biomimetic Materials: Ceramic Transactions,206 (Ceramic Transactions Series)
- Advanced Materials and Techniques for Radiation Dosimetry
- Biomedical Applications of Nanotechnology
- Biomedical Communications. Purposes, Audiences, and Strategies
Extra resources for Cardiac regeneration and repair: Pathology and therapies
49. Frangogiannis NG, Smith CW and Entman ML. (2002) The inflammatory response in myocardial infarction. Cardiovasc Res 53: 31–47. 50. Weber KT. (1997) Extracelular matrix remodeling in heart failure. A role for de novo angiotensin II generation. Circulation 96: 4065–4082. 51. Cleutjens JP, Kandala JC, Guarda E, et al. (1995) Regulation of collagen degradation in the rat myocardium after infarction. J Mol Cell Cardiol 27: 1281–1292. 52. Kim HE, Dalal SS, Young E, et al. (2000) Disruption of the myocardial extracellular matrix leads to cardiac dysfunction.
11,12 Numerous studies have shown attenuation of LV remodeling after MI with broad-spectrum as well as selective MMP inhibitors. 155 Systemic side effects including a musculoskeletal syndrome have been a concern with their use in cancer patients. The results of the last trial suggest that, although increasing MMPs relative to TIMPs is a widely accepted pathway to ECM degradation and LV remodeling, ECM damage may have occurred before the initiation of therapy and/or other matrix proteins besides MMPs may contribute to ECM damage.
Carabello BA. (2002) Concentric versus eccentric remodeling. J Cardiac Fail 8(6 Suppl): S258–S263. 24. Spinale FG. (2002) Matrix metalloproteinases: regulation and dysregulation in the failing heart. Circ Res 90: 520–530. 25. Spinale FG. (2007) Myocardial matrix remodeling and the matrix metalloproteinases: influence on cardiac form and function. Physiol Rev 87: 1285–1342. 26. Jugdutt BI and Khan MI. (1992) Impact of increased infarct transmurality on remodeling and function during healing after anterior myocardial infarction in the dog.