By Antoine Al-Achi
Targeting the appliance of actual pharmacy, drug layout, and drug laws as they relate to supply powerful dosage types for drug supply, Integrated Pharmaceutics offers a accomplished photograph of pharmaceutical product layout, describing the technological know-how and paintings in the back of the innovations of dosage shape improvement. Combining actual pharmacy, product layout, and regulatory affairs matters in one ebook, the authors tackle themes governing drug rules of usa, eu, and eastern companies and aspect new regulatory directions, together with caliber by way of layout, layout house research, and mix pattern uniformity.
Read Online or Download Integrated Pharmaceutics: Applied Preformulation, Product Design, and Regulatory Science PDF
Best biomedical engineering books
"Theoretical Molecular Biophysics" is a complicated examine ebook for college kids, almost immediately earlier than or after finishing undergraduate reviews, in physics, chemistry or biology. It presents the instruments for an knowing of trouble-free approaches in biology, resembling photosynthesis on a molecular point. A easy wisdom in mechanics, electrostatics, quantum thought and statistical physics is fascinating.
The improvement of latest molecular biology with its starting to be tendency towards in-depth learn of the mechanisms of organic tactics, constitution, functionality, and id of biopolymers calls for software of exact physicochemical equipment. Electrophoresis occupies a key place between such equipment.
Reading Biomedical technological know-how: test, proof, and trust discusses what can get it wrong in organic technological know-how, delivering an impartial view and cohesive knowing of clinical tools, records, information interpretation, and clinical ethics which are illustrated with useful examples and real-life functions.
- Cell Motility (Biological and Medical Physics, Biomedical Engineering)
- Hydrogels in cell-based therapies
- M-health: fundamentals and applications
Additional resources for Integrated Pharmaceutics: Applied Preformulation, Product Design, and Regulatory Science
8) are identical mathematically, and they produce the same value for the elimination rate constant. 7). In Chapter 8, concepts related to the shelf-life determination of drug products are introduced. One area of concern is the effect of a change in storage temperature on the stability of a drug. One equation uses the logarithm of the ratio of a degradation rate constants at two different temperatures: log(k2 /k1 ). 236 min−1 Since drug degradation occurs with faster rates at higher temperatures than at lower ones, k2 must occur at a temperature much higher than that observed with k1 .
16) is the form of a second-order partial derivative. 31 × 10−23 η−2 r −2 In thermodynamics (see Chapter 2), a change of volume of an ideal gas at a constant temperature does not result in a change in the internal energy of the system. 19) And for 1 mol of an ideal gas (n = 1), (∂V /∂T )P = R/P = constant (Adamson, 1969). 6 EXPANDING AND REDUCING FORMULAS Pharmacists and pharmaceutical scientists are often asked to prepare volumes or quantities different from those given in a prescription or formula.
Zhou Y, LoBello R, Cai C, Crane N, Poshni F, Porter WW III, Cain TY. Measurement of an amorphous form in a pharmaceutical drug product using FT-Raman spectroscopy. Am. Pharm. Rev. 2010;13(5):34–41. GLOSSARY API Dalton’s law of partial pressure Density of an ideal gas DSC Einstein’s equation Active pharmaceutical ingredient. For a mixture of gases conﬁned to a rigid container with volume V maintained at a constant temperature, the total pressure exerted by all the gases equals the sum of all the partial pressures of the gases.